Monday, August 26, 2013

Look beyond yourself.

 
I drew this picture while I was in church on Sunday. (Don't tell my pastor...I was listening while I doodled. Promise.) Anyways, I had been a little down that morning. I kept worrying about my future, feeling guilty about my present, and wishing for my past. I was totally focused on ME and my issues. I think this is common for many of us. When we focus so much on ourselves, we tend to feel defeated. Nothing is going to be good enough. Nothing that we can do will satisfy us or leave us feeling whole.
As I was busy feeling sorry for myself on the way to church that morning, I took a minute to look up. I was driving towards the mountains and noticed the sun peering out behind them. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was so focused on myself and the road in front of me, that I neglected to look beyond. I neglected to look towards God. The only One that can truly satisfy, love unconditionally and heal completely. He is my true hope. Once I was reminded of this truth, I was able to find that awesome ray of hope that only God can muster up. It gave me strength and perspective.
When we look beyond ourselves, we can see so much more than we ever asked for. That is why I drew this. As a reminder to look beyond yourself to find the true joy and hope that you seek. The world looks a little sweeter when you look up. I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment